Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Nice to meet you 2014

Looking back, 2013 was a pretty excellent year.  The joys of family, along with the addition of miss Emmersyn, and other happy times far outweighed the stressful ones.  Last year I thought I would continue the blogging, but it wasn't in the cards.  I also planned to continue the monthly resolutions, but lost the urge after the first month.  With a new year comes new learning opportunities, so this year I'm going to make an effort to keep at it for the year.  And my hopes is that blogging about it helps me to keep it up. 

Like a lot of people, I go pretty nuts at the holidays with stuffing my face with delicious and not-so-great-for-me foods.  In addition to that, I pretty much stopped most of my regular stretching exercises. Now add in a bit more soda and booze than I usually partake in (thank you Mrs. Clause for the Blantons!) and you can understand why its time to get back on track in the health department.  Unfortunately, my family doesn't get back into town until tomorrow or Friday so there is no rush to start today,  but I've decided to eat only "real food" again.  Meaning no preservatives, artificial nonsense, or other genetically modified shenanigans allowed this month. 

Since my insides are going to be taken care of this month I thought it unwise to neglect the rest of the body, so this month I will also be trying to do at least 30 minutes of stretching/exercise/vigorous activity (I'm looking at you Mrs. Shelton) a day.  I have also been doing a little meditation in the past year, and I feel like now is a great time to try to make it apart of my daily routine.  I generally feel more relaxed right after sitting meditation but I never take the step to get up early and sit.  So why not go for the trifecta and sit 15 minutes everyday to start my morning?  I'm hoping 15 minutes leads to upwards of 30 minutes, but as a rule for the month I will meditate at least once a day.

It's an ambitious start to the year, time to create some new positive habits and keep the needle pointing in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment