Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Emission this.

I feel like May was kind of a boring month, I didn't really feel like I had to "try" too hard.  We have been doing a pretty good job at not buying too much unnecessary "stuff" and are both trying to be more conscientious with what, and how, we buy things, so we are already buying as local as we ever have.  The challenge with this past month is that I have only bought 2 items, other than food.  We just got a new cellphone, but my options were limited.  It was either an Iphone or Inspire...both made in Asia.  The other purchase was some soap, made here in the bluegrass.

 I am going to continue the buying local as much as I can this summer, but I feel the need to kick it up a notch.  The first two months were fun, and challenging, and that is what has been lacking the last few months.  April and May haven't really been a struggle.  I don't think they were bad ideas, but I really wasn't forced to think about the big picture and how we live day to day.

I have made a point to make the next couple of months much more challenging.

This month I am ditching my car...mostly.  I am not going to drive my car for any trip less than 15 miles, unless I have to take Rowan somewhere, or any other instance that I have to pick anyone up.  I think this comes at a pretty good time.  Gas prices are ridiculous, the weather is getting nicer, and its time to take this flabby ass up a few inches.  I have a half marathon coming up in August, so this will definitely help with the training.

I will try to keep everyone updated on how things are going.  If anyone has any tips for me, I would appreciate it.  I don't think I have ridden my bike since last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment